It is the policy of J Sutton and Co Moving Services LLC to prohibit smoking and vaping on all or any worksite premises to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all moving service providers and employees. Smoking is defined as the “act of lighting, smoking or carrying a lighted or smoldering cigar, cigarette or pipe of any kind.” Vaping refers to the use of electronic nicotine delivery systems or electronic smoking devices such as e-cigarettes, e-pipes, e-hookahs and e-cigars.
This policy applies to:
- All areas of buildings occupied by our customers, partner companies or affiliates .
- All company-sponsored offsite conferences and meetings.
- All vehicles owned or leased by the company.
- All company moving service providers and employees.
- All visitors (customers and vendors) to company premises.
- All contractors and consultants and/or their employees working on company jobsites premises.
- All temporary moving service providers and employees.
Moving service providers and employees who violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including immediate discharge.
A process is in place for resolving complaints about the smoke- and vape-free policy:
- Complaints about the application of this policy should be brought to the attention of the Manager or the Move Coordinator for resolution.
- The complaint should be submitted in writing and should identify specific objections.
- J Sutton and Co Moving Services LLC will investigate the complaint and resolve it in accordance with the policy.
No service providers or employee shall suffer any form of retaliation for raising a complaint or asking a question about this policy.