Moving can be both an adventure and a challenge, physically and emotionally. The entire process can be accomplished successfully by a competent team of do-it-yourselfers and some necessary supplies. Here’s a list of tools and materials to help you and your belongings get to the next place:
– Boxes: A supply of cardboard boxes and plastic crates will help move everything from Point A to Point B. These can be purchased at the local truck rental location or picked up free from the corner grocery store. Most grocers recycle their boxes right away but if you ask them to hold some for you, they are usually happy to comply. If a household is being moved locally, open plastic crates may be used and reused throughout the process. Pack, unload and repeat. A longer distance will mean that items must be enclosed in sealed boxes in order to protect the contents during the journey.
– Tape: In order to close each box, packing or strapping tape must be utilized. Scotch or masking tape isn’t strong enough to keep the packages sealed up. An industrial strength tape will be your friend during the packing process.
– Bubble wrap: Dishes and glassware need extreme care. Don’t just toss everything into a container and hope for the best. It may be time consuming to individually wrap these fragile items, but when you reach your destination to find each vessel intact rather than in a pile of shards, you’ll be glad you did. It’s also time consuming and expensive to have to run to the store to buy replacements when you arrive at your new place.
– Dolly or wheeled cart: Heavy items can be moved much more easily with the help of a metal dolly or wheeled cart. Think back to physics class when you learned about levers. Increase the human ability to tote weight with these handy tools.
– Truck: Rent a large enclosed truck or borrow a pickup from a friend. If you own a vehicle with a trailer hitch, an open or enclosed trailer can also do the trick. Local moves can be accomplished with the smaller trucks or trailers, but long distance relocations will require a full sized moving truck in order to haul all belongings at once.
– Friends: More than one set of hands will be needed to load the vehicle. While packing can be a solitary endeavor, furniture and appliances will need at least one other set of hands.
– Babysitter: If you have children, this is the time to farm them out. It will be hard to keep your eye on junior during this process. Babies and children often become agitated and uncomfortable with this disruption of their space and routine. Give them and the loading crew a break by dropping them off at a babysitter’s place. Coloring and watching videos will be a lot more fun for them.
– Pet sitter: Pets can become even more stressed than humans when they see their home being packed away. They may even hide or run away during the frenzy. Take Fido and Fluffy to the pet sitter and help everyone stay safe and sane.
– Food: An ice chest full of cold drinks and snacks will fuel the crew. It also adds a celebratory element to an event that is both an adventure and a chore.
With the proper supplies, moving day can be a memorable time for all.
If you plan on moving, Philadelphia resident, in the near future, be sure to do your research. There are many ways to move your belongings so ensure that you choose the best option for you. Visit http://www.angieslist.com
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Alfred_Ardis/663300
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4747517